Please click here for the February issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what they have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in January.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent assists law firms, companies, and other organizations by recruiting experienced lawyers for permanent employment opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
Jeremy Shragge, Laura Miller, Tyna Mason, Christina Drake, Ben Parkin, and Christopher Wilson
This Month’s Cases:
- Taxation; Capital Gains; Income Tax Act; British Columbia General Anti-Avoidance Rule
- Crime Victim Assistance Act; Lost Earning Capacity; Judicial Review; Limitation Period ~ With 2 Counsel Comments
- Chambers; Clarity of Court Orders; Contempt ~ With Counsel Comments
- Conflict of Laws; Judicial Unfairness; Forum non conveniens; Mining; Protests
- Intellectual Property; Internet Law; Trade-marks Act; Passing Off; Goodwill ~ With Counsel Comments
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.