Please click here for the January issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what they have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in December.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent assists law firms, companies, and other organizations by recruiting experienced lawyers for permanent employment opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
Patrick Foy, Q.C. and Tyna Mason
This Month’s Cases:
- Personal Injury; Motor Vehicle Accident; Supreme Court Civil Rules; Retrial
- Property Law; Strata Corporations; Charter Rights; Mootness~ With Counsel Comments
- Defamation; Privacy; Disclosure; “Antunes” and “Halliday” Orders
- Aboriginal Law; Natural Resources; Judicial Review; Statutory Interpretation ~ With Counsel Comments
- Municipal Law; Zoning Bylaws; Land Use Planning; Liquor Store; Standard of Review
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.