Please click here for the November issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what they have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in October.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent assists law firms, companies, and other organizations by recruiting experienced lawyers for permanent employment opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
Tim Delaney, Karey Brooks, and Tim Dickson
This Month’s Cases:
- Summary Trial; Remedies; Unjust Enrichment; Quantum Meruit
- Chambers Practice; Leave to Appeal; Mareva Injunctions
- Personal Injury; Motor Vehicle Accidents; Contributory Negligence
- Motor Vehicle Accidents; Quantum; Loss of Future Earning Capacity; Non-Pecuniary Damages ~ With Counsel Comments
- Self-Governing Professions; Judicial Review; Law Society; Charter of Rights and Freedoms ~ With Counsel Comments
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.