Please click here for the August issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what they have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in July.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent assists law firms, companies, and other organizations by recruiting experienced lawyers for permanent employment opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel: Bruce Lemer and Megan Ellis, Q.C.
This Month’s Cases:
- Request for Evidence; Deposition and Cross-Examination; Journalistic Privilege
- Contracts; Real Property; Failure to Complete; Nemo dat quod non habet
- Class Proceedings; Pleadings; Offer to Settle; Representative Plaintiffs ~ With Counsel Comments
- Torts; Standard of Care; Motor Vehicle Act
- Family Law; Child Support; Interim Support Orders; Federal Child Support Guidelines ~ With Counsel Comments
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.