Please click here for the July issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what they have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in June.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
We are thrilled to introduce Lucent Legal Recruitment, Sarah Picciotto’s new venture.
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent will help law firms locate experienced lawyers for permanent opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
This Month’s Cases:
- Creditors; Priority; Interpretation of General Security Agreement; Definition of “Property”~ With Counsel Comments
- Family Law; Division of Property; Matrimonial Home; Family Relations Act
- Employment; Human Rights Complaint; Duty to Accommodate; Quantum of Damages
- Labour Law; Arbitration; Grievances; Standard of Review
- Legal Profession Act; Interpreting Retainers; Interim or Final Accounts; Limitation Period
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.