Please click here for the October issue of BC Take Five, summarizing what we have selected as the five most interesting cases from the British Columbia Court of Appeal in September.
OnPoint’s New Cousin, Lucent:
While OnPoint continues to provide superior legal research and writing services, Lucent assists law firms, companies, and other organizations by recruiting experienced lawyers for permanent employment opportunities. Our fees are structured to make recruitment assistance affordable.
You will notice some interesting opportunities we currently have available throughout Take Five.
Please visit www.lucentrecruitment.com for more information or to register as a candidate.
Every month we invite the lawyers who were counsel on our selected cases to offer their comments on the decisions. They highlight important legal changes, provide thoughts on appeal prospects, or comment on any other aspects of the case, as they see fit.
Our sincere thanks to this month’s contributing counsel:
Geoff Cowper, Q.C., Veronica Milne-Medved, and Lisa Lee
This Month’s Cases:
- Injunctions; Vexatious Litigants; Access to Courts ~ With Counsel Comments
- Self-Governing Professions; Disciplinary Hearings; Supreme Court Civil Rules
- Real Estate Act; Misrepresentation; Quantum of Damages; Deemed Reliance; Evidence
- Contracts; Profit Sharing; Special Costs; Fraud Allegations
- Personal Injury; Motor Vehicle Accident; PTSD; Evidence; Witnesses ~ With Counsel Comments
Sarah Picciotto, B.A., LL.B.
Founder of OnPoint Legal Research L.C.